top of page
Changing a childs name

Changing a childs name

SKU: 3.25
  • Advice

    If both parents/ holders of parental responsibility consent to the name change, the act can be initiated via a deed poll. A deed poll is a document that legally demonstrates the name change. To initiate the process, you must fill out the relevant forms to change your child's name. All relevant guidance relating to the processing of the deed poll is all within the form itself. 

    Parents can only change the names of their children if they are under 16. However, this is not definitive. If a court deems the child mature and knowledgeable enough to understand the circumstances, the name change will not occur. Moreover, if the child is 16 and above, only they can make such changes themselves. 


    How we can help

    To gain our assistance you need to open a case, this is done by taking advantage of our free consultation service, activated by the link at the top of the page, should you wish to start a case the caseworker will send you the suitable payment link.

    Please note your caseworker can only give generic advice, their role is to prepare your details for handling by our appointed solicitor and to act as your point of contact, they will also issue you with your Password and PIN, these will be needed to log onto your client dashboard. From your dashboard you will be able to manage and view every aspect of your case, upload documents, images, files etc.

Click hear to book your

free initial consultation:

bottom of page