top of page
Completing forms N9A or N9B

Completing forms N9A or N9B

SKU: 1.72
  • Advice

    What form you submit depends on whether you agree with the creditor's assessment that you owe the money.


    I agree that the amount on the claim form is right (N9A)

    To ask for a payment plan, you must complete the N9A form and make a monthly offer to clear the debt. You must then return the form to your creditor within 14 days. They will respond by either accepting the offer (after which they will instruct the court to set the claim aside) or take you to court and let the judge decide what is fair.

    While you only have 14 days to return the form, the court is usually lenient and allows an extra day or two for postage delays. If you are disputing the creditor's claim and thus need more time, you can complete the N9B form. This gives you an extra 14 days to send in your response. If the revised deadline is missed, the court will assume that you have accepted the debt, and your creditors will get an immediate judgment approving their application. 


    The amount on the claim form is wrong, or I don't owe the money (N9B)

    If you do not agree with the amount claimed, you can counter it by returning the 'Defence and counterclaim' N9B form. Sometimes, the creditor claim is incorrect, or you do not have the money to cover it. Therefore, you will need to ensure that your dispute is robust, as it will be presented to the courts rather than your creditor. 


    How we can help

    Sometimes these forms can be confusing and we strongly suggest that rather than try and “muddle through” your best course of action would be to try and get them correct. Lestons can assist in filling in the forms, to gain our assistance you need to open a case, this is done by simply clicking on the link at the top of the page, you will then need to deposit a sum equal to one hour’s usage, upon receipt of these funds you will be assigned your personal caseworker who will telephone you to discuss the matter and make suggestions on how to proceed.


    Please note your caseworker can only give generic advice, their role is to prepare your details for handling by our legal team and to act as your point of contact, they will also issue you with your Password and PIN, these will be needed to log onto your client dashboard. From your dashboard you will be able to manage and view every aspect of your case, upload documents, images, files etc.


Click hear to book your

free initial consultation:

bottom of page