top of page
Appeal to upper tribunal

Appeal to upper tribunal

SKU: 2.85
  • Advice

    If you disagree with the decision made by a tribunal on your carers allowance claim, you may take your case to an upper tribunal or Administrative Appeals Chamber. You may only take a case to the upper tribunal if your appeal is for a legal reason, for example, if you believe that the tribunal did not apply the law properly. We would be delighted to represent you if you feel there was a miscarriage of justice. The upper tribunal is independent and will listen to your side of the story.

    Because you are only allowed to appeal based on legal grounds, we would strongly suggest that your appeal would have minimal weight unless it is submitted by ourselves, or a specialist solicitor.


    How to Appeal

    You must first get permission from the lower tribunal to appeal the decision. This must be collected within 28 days of their decision. You must then fill out this application form and deliver it to the address listed on the form. If the lower tribunal refuses permission, you may also use this form to apply for a hearing directly to the upper tribunal in any case.

    If your appeal is successful, you will then be called in for a hearing.


    What to do if your hearing is unsuccessful

    You may be able to continue your appeal at the Court of Appeal. To do this, you will first need permission from the Upper Tribunal in your country. You should write to the address below within 28 days of their decision:


    England and Wales

    Upper Tribunal (Administrative Appeals Chamber)

    5th Floor Rolls Building

    7 Rolls Buildings

    Fetter Lane


    EC4A 1NL



    The Upper Tribunal (Administrative Appeals Chamber)

    George House

    126 George Street


    EH2 4HH


    Northern Ireland

    Tribunal Hearing Centre

    2nd floor

    Royal Courts of Justice

    Chichester Street


    BT1 3JF


    How we can help

    Lestons can create the appeal documents for you but again we must state that you can only appeal on legal grounds. To instruct your caseworker simply create a case via the link at the top of this page, you will then need to deposit a sum equal to one hour’s usage, upon receipt of these funds you will be assigned your personal caseworker who will telephone you to discuss the matter and make suggestions on how to proceed. Please note your caseworker can only give generic advice, their role is to prepare your details for handling by our legal team and to act as your point of contact, they will also issue you with your Password and PIN, these will be needed to log onto your client dashboard. From your dashboard you will be able to manage and view every aspect of your case, upload documents, images, files etc.

Click hear to book your

free initial consultation:

bottom of page