top of page
Complaining about your provider

Complaining about your provider

SKU: 1.53
  • Advice

    What complaints may be made?

    You may complain about any number of issues with your supplier. The general principle is that where you have been promised a standard of service by your supplier, and they have failed to meet that standard (such as a steady supply of gas or electricity, charging more than you expected or charged for services that you have not signed up for) then you may have grounds to complain. 


    How can I make a complaint?

    You may make a complaint directly to your supplier or network operator. Utility companies are required to have a complaints procedure, so it is worth seeking information on their procedure from their website.

    When making a complaint, you should keep records of any contact you have with the supplier, ensure you explain the issue along with: -

    • The Date;
    • Who you speak with (and their contact information, if applicable);
    • What you have spoken about;
    • What actions you have been asked to take and relevant deadlines; and
    • What actions the supplier has said they will take and relevant deadlines.

    You should follow this structure for any communication that you receive over the phone. They may ask for more information, take a meter reading, and then propose a solution. If you are not happy with the offered solution then you can ask us to investigate or contact the Energy Ombudsman. 


    The Energy Ombudsman. 

    This is a free, impartial service that can help you to resolve matters. They can instruct your provider to make a financial award if they are deemed liable. You are free to make a complaint to the Ombudsman if you feel that your supplier is unwilling to negotiate a repayment plan at any time after your initial complaint.

    You may apply to the Energy Ombudsman if you are:

    • Unhappy with a response given to you.
    • Unable to resolve the issue with your supplier (and it has been 8 weeks since your complaint).
    • Referring to the case within 12 months of a deadlock letter.


    How we can help

    Lestons can compile the complaint for you if you wish, being from ourselves it is expected that it will get more attention than from a member of the public. To gain our assistance you need to open a case, this is done by simply clicking on the link at the top of the page, you will then need to deposit a sum equal to one hour’s usage, upon receipt of these funds you will be assigned your personal caseworker who will telephone you to discuss the matter and make suggestions on how to proceed. Please note your caseworker can only give generic advice, their role is to prepare your details for handling by our appointed legal team and to act as your point of contact, they will also issue you with your Password and PIN, these will be needed to log onto your client dashboard. From your dashboard you will be able to manage and view every aspect of your case, upload documents, images, files etc.

Click hear to book your

free initial consultation:

bottom of page