top of page
Cutting of supply

Cutting of supply

SKU: 1.51
  • Advice

    Disconnecting energy or water supply is the last resort where there is no possibility of sorting out a continuation of supply.


    Who cannot be disconnected?

    Suppliers cannot disconnect persons eligible for the Priority Services Register during winter (1 October - 31 March). To be eligible to join the register you should be of pensionable age, disabled, chronically sick, have a long-term medical condition, be in a vulnerable situation or have a hearing or visual impairment.


    Does your supplier abide by the "Safety Net" scheme?

    Some suppliers have integrated a safety net into their debt management programme and pledged to help their most vulnerable customers.


    Getting a debt written-off or reduced

    Under certain circumstances, balances can be written off, or the balance reduced, this is usually done when there are exceptional conditions. Most of the larger utility providers have charitable schemes which we can approach for you.


    Third-Party Deduction Scheme

    This scheme allows the DWP to deduct payments from benefits and send them directly to the utility company before sending the remainder to the claimant. 



    Once your debt issue has been resolved you can request reconnection, there may be charges involved to set up a reconnection to your energy supplies. Specific support is available for those who have experienced or are threatened with disconnection. 


    How we can help

    Here at Lestons, we appreciate that life can be extremely difficult without worrying if you will be able to heat and light your home, we generally find that energy providers only disconnect if there is no chance of a workable solution, we can, if instructed appoint one of our excellent third-party independent financial advisors who can prepare a financial report / repayment proposal to the utility provider. Please note we make no commission from these referrals but do need clients to open a case so that we can prepare a financial brief for them. To gain our assistance you need to open a case, this is done by simply clicking on the link at the top of the page, you will then need to deposit a sum equal to one hour’s usage, upon receipt of these funds you will be assigned your personal caseworker who will telephone you to discuss the matter and make suggestions on how to proceed.


    Please note your caseworker can only give generic advice, their role is to prepare your details for handling by our appointed financial advisor and to act as your point of contact. With your consent, your caseworker could also approach charities to enquire as to whether they could help towards the debt.

Click hear to book your

free initial consultation:

bottom of page