top of page


SKU: 9.4
  • Advice

    The information in this section is intended to provide an overview of key points relating to the eviction process for people in private rented accommodation. If you are a lodger in council housing or a different type of accommodation, the rules may be different.


    On receipt of papers

    If you receive papers referring to eviction, and you want to remain in the accommodation then you should contact your landlord, or their agent and seek to work out a solution. You should also contact your council, who might be able to give you a discretionary housing payment. If you are facing eviction, the action you need to take will depend on the stage of the process you are at. The process can vary according to your specific situation, including the type of living arrangement or tenancy you have, as well as the reasons for the eviction.


    If you are at risk of homelessness

    If you are at risk of homelessness or in an insecure housing situation, you can ask your council for help. You should do this as soon as possible, however, some councils are stubborn and will wait for the bailiff to make you officially homeless before they are willing to help.


    You will be considered priority need if you are:

    • Living with a child;
    • Have a mental illness;
    • Are physically disabled;
    • Pregnant or living with a pregnant person;
    • Homeless due to emergency (fire, flood etc);
    • 16 or 17 and social services can’t help you; or
    • 18 to 20 and have been living in care.


    How we can help

    Our initial stance would be to act as a liaison between you and your landlord. We appreciate that they may rely on your rent and that paying it may be causing you stress. To gain our assistance you need to open a case, this is done by taking advantage of our free consultation service, activated by the link at the top of the page, should you wish to start a case the caseworker will send you the suitable payment link.


    Please note your caseworker can only give generic advice, their role is to prepare your details for handling by our legal team and to act as your point of contact, they will also issue you with your Password and PIN, these will be needed to log onto your client dashboard. From your dashboard you will be able to manage and view every aspect of your case, upload documents, images, files etc.

Click hear to book your

free initial consultation:

bottom of page