top of page
Opposing a bankruptcy petition

Opposing a bankruptcy petition

SKU: 1.95
  • Advice

    You can oppose a bankruptcy petition if you disagree with it. However, you must do this at least five days before your bankruptcy hearing. To do this, you will need to download and fill out the opposition to the bankruptcy order form and send it to the court that first sent you the bankruptcy petition.


    Send the form to the court that sent you the bankruptcy petition, you can submit it online but only if it was one of these courts:

    • Admiralty and Commercial Court;
    • Chancery Division;
    • Companies Court;
    • High Court (including Bankruptcy Court);
    • London Mercantile Court; or
    • Rolls Building.

    If it was another court, you’ll need to submit the form by post.


    How we can help

    Lestons can intervene and discuss options with you to resolve the matter, we can, if instructed appoint one of our excellent third-party independent financial advisors who can look at the market for you to try and get you a loan. Please note we make no commission from these referrals but do need clients to open a case so that we can prepare a financial brief for them. To gain our assistance you need to open a case, this is done by simply clicking on the link at the top of the page, you will then need to deposit a sum equal to one hour’s usage, upon receipt of these funds you will be assigned your personal caseworker who will telephone you to discuss the matter and make suggestions on how to proceed.


    Please note your caseworker can only give generic advice, their role is to prepare your details for handling by our appointed financial advisor and to act as your point of contact, they will also issue you with your Password and PIN, these will be needed to log onto your client dashboard. From your dashboard you will be able to manage and view every aspect of your case, upload documents, images, files etc.

Click hear to book your

free initial consultation:

bottom of page