top of page
Windrush scheme

Windrush scheme

SKU: 6.45
  • Advice

    If you have settled in the UK but do not have the documents to prove your status then you could be eligible to apply to the Windrush Scheme. In doing so, you will receive a document, free of charge, that proves your right to live and work in the UK permanently. This will take the form of British citizenship or a document confirming that you are already a British citizen, have the right of abode or the right to live permanently in the UK.


    You are eligible if you or your parents:

    Are Commonwealth citizens [for a full list of Commonwealth countries see] and settled in the UK before 1 January 1973. To apply, you must complete the Windrush Scheme Application form. A paper version must be completed and posted to the address stated on the form if you are currently in the UK.


    If you are outside of the UK, you must use the online application form. Both of these can be found here:


    Additionally, you may be able to claim Windrush compensation if you suffered any loss as a result of not having the necessary documents to prove your right to live in the UK. This loss includes being unable to find work and access health treatment and includes any immigration action taken against you by the government, e.g., by holding you in detention or removing you from the country. To claim compensation, you will need an immigration document that proves your right to live in the UK permanently – if you do not have this then you must apply to the Windrush scheme to obtain it first.


    For further support and assistance in making a claim or confirming eligibility, you can contact the Windrush Helpline at or phone them on 0800 678 1925 or see


    How we can help

    If you are eligible under the scheme then the Home Office should allow you to remain in your existing home, your caseworker would liaise between yourself and the Home Office to compile and manage all the required paperwork. To gain our assistance you need to open a case, this is done by taking advantage of our free consultation service, activated by the link at the top of the page, should you wish to start a case the caseworker will send you the suitable payment link.


    Please note your caseworker can only give generic advice, their role is to prepare your details for handling by our legal team and to act as your point of contact, they will also issue you with your Password and PIN, these will be needed to log onto your client dashboard. From your dashboard you will be able to manage and view every aspect of your case, upload documents, images, files etc.

Click hear to book your

free initial consultation:

bottom of page